Welcome to NorFon: the online course that will help you with Norwegian pronunciation sound by sound, word by word, and phrase by phrase!
Price: 20 EUR per month
Is this course for me?
This course is for people who are learning or (more or less) know Norwegian, but don’t have it as their mother tongue. It is best suited to beginners (A1/A2 level) and intermediate users (B1/B2). One language skill in particular tends to be at a lower level than the other skills: pronunciation.
Is insufficiently good pronunciation a problem? In many cases, no, but often, yes. Living in a foreign country and gradually becoming a local is not easy. Due to people’s conscious and unconscious prejudices, a foreign accent does not help with this, particularly in a professional context.
Is it a problem? In many cases – not… but often: yes. Living in a foreign country and gradually turning into a local person is not easy. Due to conscious and unconscious prejudices, foreign accent here definitely does not help, particularly in a job context.
Good pronunciation needs practice: reading instructions, listening and reading out loud. And then, once again. And then repeat until it sounds satisfactory!
NorFon is the right place to do that!
How do I use the course?
NorFon covers all the different aspects of Norwegian pronunciation in 240 themes. Your pronunciation will improve by going through any of them, but the more themes you go through, the better your Norwegian will be.
Contents of the course
|A||Sounds – vowels and diphtongs|
|B||Sounds – consonants|
|C||Sounds – long and short sounds|
|E||Ortography and pronunciation|
|F||Sentence intonation, feelings, attitude and pragmatics in intonation|
|G||Word stress and pitch accent|
|H||Minimal pairs of pitch acccent|
|I||Pronunciation in group of words|
|P||Repetition and self test|
Oratastic NorFon has individual clients and enterprise clients.
- At the registration link, click the button “Take this Course”.
- During the registration process, you will need to enter your payment information. We use the online payment processing system Stripe.
- You will also need to enter your email address, your name and your nickname.
- In the case of successful payment, the course will become available to you.
- You will be charged automatically every 31 days, counting from the day of your registration.
- You can finish the course and unsubscribe at any time here. You will need to fill in a simple form with your name, e-mail address, and (optionally) your evaluation of the course. After submitting this form, your data will be deleted from Oratastic.
Feel free to ask us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if anything is unclear, or if there are problems with payments – we will do our best to assist you!
Enterprises can obtain access for groups of students. To do this:
- Send us the information (email@example.com) about your enterprise (name of company/organisation, contact person, address), the number of students, a list of their emails, and the access time necessary for them, e.g. 6 months – or feel free to ask us anything you need to know about a potential agreement.
- After the agreement and your payment to us, we issue you with a list of access vouchers for your students. This will consist of the student nicknames and voucher passcodes.
- Each of your students can begin their usage time at their convenience; the “counter” starts on the day of their registration.
- Access to the course for each student will end after the agreed time.
What our clients say
Thanks to this resource I now have the possibility to offer my students more effective pronunciation teaching.”
Ellen Melgård Solstad
Norwegian language teacher
Yrkesrettet norskopplæring (YNO), NAV Nordre Aker
Project Manager, Website Developer
Snorre Karkkonen Svenson
Lead Content Creator
Video Editor, Website Developer